24 January 2008

knitting bug

i've caught the knitting bug from neneth which i find very addictive. my interest began when she knitted a beautiful sweater for baby ethan & i'd been bugging her ever since to teach me. neneth is very kind & gave me my first lesson in knitting yesterday (thanks heaps!). it was initially mind-blowing even when she taught me the basic stitches which is knit & purl, the reverse of knit. my fingers felt so clumsy & awkward around the circular needles although i did manage a few imperfect rows until they began to relax & the rhythm of knitting soon got me into a hypnotic state. haha!

neneth gave me the link to a site called knitting help where you can learn to knit with free knitting videos which is great for someone like me. i've also found other knitting sites with gorgeous patterns & one of 'em is garnstudio with its fabulous drops design. another site i absolutely like is vogueknitting. it's colourful, funky and trendy all at the same time!

click on the individual images
to view their pattern.
i'm going to take baby steps & not get too excited over my new found hobby. my first project (fingers crossed) would be to make meself a nice knitted belt, preferably in red. wish me success!

knitting totes by berroco
where you can get more
free patterns from here.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Good Luck..

Aunty J said...

Hey, good on you girl! I think I might get the bug soon too...hehehe...kamurang la nie...tsk tsk tsk...

mumbojumbo said...

good luck!!!

ULAI said...

i can't believe myself that i also get the bug...my macho just gone with the wind..hahaha!