31 January 2008

1st project: belt

i must admit, i only did 10% of the work & mom did the rest. what can i say, she couldn't resist it once she saw my yarn & needles! she'd knit away when she sits down to relax. trust me, knitting can be very soothing & calming! i can now cast on stitches & do plain simple knits with confidence. it took me forever to get it right but i did it! yay! right now i need help with casting off, i.e. securing all the stitches once you're done. since neneth is on a long break, jurra has been our (ulai & myself) replacement teacher. terima kasih di atas bimbingan dan tunjuk ajarmu!

my first ball of yarn which cost me RM6.80.
bravo color yarn by schachenmayr
weight of yarn: 50g (150m)
fibre content: 100% acrylic

needle size: 4mm

i'm going to have to buy myself another ball of yarn for practice cos mom did most of the knitting for my belt which doesn't count as my work. i think i'd get mom her own needles as well! to my knitting buddies, ulai & oojiez, gambatte ne!

3 comments:

mumbojumbo said...

wow! you got the knitting bug eh?

ULAI said...

cayo! cayo! my belt not even reaching half of my waist...expected to complete: end of this year...hahaha!

Unknown said...

Good that you did it..Congratulations and welcome to the club..hahahahaha