23 May 2007

eye in the sky

on the faithful day of 17 may,
an old friend sms-ed me, asking me to go out
for a rare, engaging sight of the rainbow encircling the sun.

i left the workplace during lunch hour with friends.
it was a hot, humid day & the midday sun was glaring mercilessly at us.
the batteries in my loyal cam were flat
but thank goodness for agnes & her new cam
which was in her handbag with charged batteries.
great thing i'd my sunnies on or else
i wouldn't be able to see much thru the monitor
especially from pointing the cam directly at the sun.
i believe i did look kinda silly at that time!

i adjusted the exposure to -2.0
cos the sun was just too darn bright.
my eyes were squinting even from behind my sunnies.
who was i kidding! it was the midday sun in all its glory!
but my eye in the sky shots were
well worth the blinding light in my eyes.

i've always loved rainbows!
it's after all God's covenant made to noah,
thus the name chosen for our first-born :o)

2 comments:

mom2ashley said...

nice picture! and i noticed you've changed your header! nice!

ta66y said...

tq both 4 ur compliments :o)

mom2ashley, u got my blog going & now i'm having fun wt it thanks 2 u!