25 January 2007

mommy ta66y going native

a momentous picture of moi taken on a rather cultural night during the recent company's annual dinner with international night being the theme. my beautiful colleague (on the right) & i were dressed in 2 of sabah's traditional attires.

agnes dressed as a lotud

it was momentous for me because i wore mom's murut costume for the very first time & with much pride. i felt i was part of history as the gold, bell-like buttons adorning the front of mom's blouse belonged to my great grandma as well as the bronze buttons on my sleeves. these valuable pieces are being passed down through succeeding generations & one day i'll own them.

collar & top front of blouse

heirloom

traditional bronze buttons on sleeve

it'll be precious to have something of importance to me be passed down to my boys & their generations to come. then it'd become my own history...

2 comments:

mom2ashley said...

wow! you loook great!!!

ta66y said...

hi chuixuejs! TQ & yup, mozilla firefox is my browser.

***

appreciate d compliment dinah! TQ :o)

i believe it was the baju that made it all the more special!