21 February 2008

stomach microscope

...is the latest technology
in place of the ultrasound scan!
believe it or
not!

an:
is baby a boy or a girl? (while placing his hand on my tummy)

me:
when baby has grown bigger in mommy's tummy, then doctor will be able to see if it's a boy or a girl.

an:
do they use the er...er...stomach...mi...mi...what's it again mommy? the one scientist use...

me:
you mean microscope?
an:
yes yes the stomach mi...tro...top...

me:
mi-cro-scope. the microscope is used in a lab to see very small things. the stomach microscope is called the ultrasound.
an:
ul-tra-sound
me:
yes, the doctor will use the ultrasound scan on mommy's tummy to see baby.

an:
(deep in thoughts)

on a another note,
what would you tell your child

if you were asked
where babies make their exit?


an:

mommy, where will baby come out from?

me:
(taken by surprised by his question, so i kept mum)
an:
i don't want the doctor to operate you & cut you. (not liking the sight of blood)
me:
(wanting to reassure him) the doctor will not cut mommy.
an:
so baby comes out from your leg. (pointing at his right leg)
me:
no, baby doesn't come out from there.
an:
your belly button? (pointing at my belly button)
me:
uhm, yes...(bleep! wrong answer! but that'll do for now. sigh!)

4 comments:

mom2ashley said...

hahahah...!
how are you feeling?

ta66y said...

so far so good as in no morning sickness (yet, hopefully none at all)...just slight dizziness every now & then...still lack of appetite but should improve wt time...

it definitely doesn't feel like d 2 pregnancies i'd previously :o)

Sindut said...

Gosh, I just found out today :]

CONGRATS, Jen!!!

Layne said...

=) always so happy to read about an and han.