15 November 2007

also

hubs & i take turns sending the boys in the mornings, an to school & han to his babysitter's place. if i drive an to school, we'd normally have this routine conversation prior to the junction turning into his school which would go like this...

an: mommy, can i take my bag & water bottle now?
me: yes you may.
an: i love you.
me: i love you too. make sure you listen to ah kong & ah ma when you get home from school.
an: ok.

occasionally hubs & i get to carpool which the boys love because everyone gets to be together. as for the routine conversation between an & myself, we'd still have it but it'll sound slightly different with hubs in the car...

an: mommy, can i take my bag & water bottle now?
me: yes you may.
an: i love you.
me: i love you too. make sure you listen to ah kong & ah ma when you get home from school.
an: ok.
hubs: me? (waiting patiently for his "i love you" from an)
an: also. (smiling cheekily at hubs)
hubs: i love you too. (sometimes hubs would playfully reply an's "also" with also an "also")

hubs & i'd always get a good laugh from sending an. so for now...
mommy gets i love yous...
daddy gets alsos...

1 comment:

moms tales said...

awww...that is so cute!! Its nice to have such conversations with your kid. Wish mine could as well but have to wait..:(