27 February 2007

girlfriend

an & hubs were waiting for me on the ground floor in the hall for our usual lunch date as i walked down the steps of a non-functioning escalator from the office to meet them halfway. they'd normally wait for me in the car but today an wanted to walk about.

he ran to me as i reached the bottom of the escalator & got hold of my hand. we headed to the car hand in hand with him happily talking away.

an:
look at my sticker! (pointing to a small heart shape winnie the pooh sticker stuck to the tip of his forefinger)

me: that's nice.
an: my friend gave it to me! the person is a girl. but a boy tore it. see! (showing me the small tear on the sticker)

when we were all seated in the car, i told hubs of an's sticker.

hubs:
i heard a girl gave you a sticker.
an: ya, she's my friend but the boy is bad. he tore my sticker.
hubs: why did he tear your sticker?
an: he wants to take my sticker.
hubs: may be that girl is his girlfriend.
an: no! she's my girlfriend!

hubs & i definitely had a good laugh before lunch. i took the lil sticker from an's finger & stuck it to his pencil case.

me: mommy stick it here for you ok. (an nodded agreeably)

2 comments:

mom2ashley said...

wah so young got girlfriend already!??? LOL!

ta66y said...

it was cute & at the same time hilarious the way he said it :o)