13 September 2006

déjà vu

i sent big bro an to school yesterday. as we reached the school gate, he turned to look at me & spoke in a small voice…

an: mommy, where are my books? feeling the weight of his bag.
me: you need your books for school?
an: nodded his head with a shy smile.
me: looked at him in the eye & couldn’t help but smile too. we ended up having a good laugh.

so i reversed & we went back to get his books. thank goodness his school is just LITERALLY around the block.

the reason why his books were left at home was cos he’d to revise them for the coming assessments. normally their books are kept in school, therefore i wasn't aware of his missing books earlier on. as i put them into his bag, he proceeded to ask me…

an: is my water bottle in the bag?
me: yes.
an: is my container in the bag?
me: yes.
an: what’s in my container?
me: don't know. ah ma prepared something for you. you’ll have to wait & see in school.

the part about him forgetting his books & his need to get his books before school made me recall my childhood days (miss it!). there were days when i accidently left a text/work book at home & how i've asked dad to turn back so that i could go home to get it. i’d feel really bad then & i’m sure an was feeling the same when he forgot his books.

i’m pround of him, proud that he is being a responsible student, young as he is :o)

3 comments:

mom2ashley said...

wah have to study already??? so fast kan?

ta66y said...

yabah...kids these days r more advanced...

can b quite a scary thought!

Otta said...

Very responsible of him.
I don't understand why they make kids carry such a heavy load. Why can't they just leave their books at school in a locker or something?