19 April 2006

distress mommy!

i’ve started sending han to the babysitter every morning. normally he’d be with me on the passenger seat while hubs or ah kong (if hubs is away) drives us, first stop to the babysitter then me to work. bottom line is i’d be driving on a regular basis in future, becoming more of everyone’s chauffeur. nah, it’s not that bad :o)

okie dokie, so the problem is that every time i place han in his car seat, he’ll start bawling. thank goodness the drive to the babysitter’s place isn’t out-of-the-way but his crying totally breaks my heart to pieces. both his arms are stretched out, his face all teary & wet, head covered with perspiration + hair stuck to the scalp, his pitiful eyes looking at me, only waiting for me to unbuckle him & take him out from there. no, i’m not exaggerating here.

when we reach the babysitter’s, i’d carry him out & give him a good cuddle + lotsa butterfly kisses. he’d be sobbing still. sigh! i feel so wicked! then my drive to work is miserable cos i don’t like seeing him cry like that & guilt starts kicking in!

i’ve tried…
giving him his fav toys
lil books with baby pictures
singing him his fav nursery rhymes
talking to him in my most cheerful voice

when i run out of ideas…i toss...
a tissue packet from my handbag for him to play with
my hp cover
my office drawer keys (they’re a small set of keys though not recommended but i’m desperate)
plastic cd covers
any paper

is there any easier way to do this?

5 comments:

mique said...

When I was working in pre-school, i found out that the more the parents try to stop his/her child from crying, the loudest his/her voice is. Because crying is children's weapon, if i may say... :))

If i can suggest, you introduce han to 1 teacher first. Just 1 teacher. The purpose is for him to know this person that his mom is taking him to everyday. Explain to him that you trust this person that you will come back for him. After a few days, hopefully 'lil han will understand the routines.

The reasons why he was crying because he doesn't know him/her.

You have to be strong mom,... Try first, and i'll think of something else..

Hope it'll work!!

ta66y said...

han is stuck 2 me like GLUE...haha!

thanks mique :o)

Otta said...

Ah... did you try giving him a sweet? It alwayds works with Shannon. She hates the car seat too.

mom2ashley said...

eh? how come you have to send him to the babysitter now? thought your parents are taking care of your kids? anyway I totall know how han feels cause i remember the days when i parent dropped me off at the babysitters and i totally hated it! i felt abandoned! really. and he prolly feels it too. i think you got to continuously assure him. Poor boy!

ta66y said...

otta:
never tried that. that's an option.

can start keeping some colourfully wrapped sweets in my handbag :o)

mom2ashley:
i'm giving my parents a break! haha! 2 is definitely tiring 4 them esp when both r active!

just started sending han 2 the babysitter jan tis yr.

i keep telling him tat i'd b back 4 him in the evening.

i don't like the feeling of "leaving him there" myself. he must feel it more!